20 April 2010

I am the Walrus.

For love in people. Catchy. Established 2010 to address the assistance needed by the World Emergency Relief Fund. How noble? From a brethren of fun loving friends into a structured management team consisting of Xiang, Fye, Zarif, Ernest and Shazy. Isn’t it a little too late in April to crack such a joke?!

I’m betting my bottom penny that this event caught every one of you by surprise. We might not look or act like a Mother Theresa, but our intentions are simple, undemanding and transparent; having fun with our friends (and our future friends) plus raising money for charitable purposes . These two outcomes may not appear as though they are intertwined but disregard that, and imagine how your presence that night could wear a genuine smile of survival on a child who has suffered and lost any form of their basic necessities after losing almost everything to mother nature.

Please get my intentions right. I am not trying to illustrate the pain of others in order to generate fast money to look good on paper. I am urging you as my friend, to help me grow up and finally walk my talk. As this is my first time organizing a charity event, I would really appreciate everyone’s support. Even if you can’t make it on that day, you can still help us out by purchasing a ticket (it’s a really cute yellow submarine!). We are also collecting donations. Please feel free to contact any of us should you want to assist us in any way !

No comments:

Post a Comment